Get access to more networks directly with lower latency and fewer hops by getting a High Speed IP Transit Connection from Hurricane Electric. Hurricane Electric operates one of the top International Internet Backbones.
Because Hurricane supports IPv6 and IPv4 over the same connection at no additional charge, once you get an IP Transit connection from Hurricane Electric you will be already set to add IPv6 support for your customers.
- All core nodes have 100 Gbps or multiple 10 Gbps (OC-192) connections – Each of our core routers has a combination of backbone circuits, exchange ports, and private peering connections.
- International Network – Hurricane Electric has over 21,000 BGP sessions with over 7,200 different networks via over 185 major exchange points and thousands of customer and private peering ports.
- Resilient Long Haul Topology – Hurricane Electric has at least five redundant 100G paths crossing the US, four separate 100G paths between the US and Europe, and 100G rings in Europe and Asia.
- Speeds up to 100 Gbps and greater – Hurricane Electric can deliver 100GE (100 Gigabit Ethernet), 10GE (10 Gigabit Ethernet), and gige (Gigabit Ethernet) ports at all core router locations. For speeds in excess of 10 Gbps, Hurricane Electric can deliver 100GE or multiple 10GE ports.
- Over 100 Terabits of Edge Capacity – Hurricane Electric has over 100 Terabits of edge capacity to allow us to easily help you with your growing network needs.
- Jumbo Frames – Hurricane Electric’s entire network is Jumbo Frame (9000 byte MTU) capable to allow higher data throughput. Jumbo frames allow you to more easily attain higher data speeds for large data transfers between geographically separated locations when both locations have jumbo frame capability.
- IPv6 transit and IPv4 transit on the same customer connection – Because Hurricane Electric’s network is dual stack, Hurricane Electric can deliver wirespeed 10GE IPv6 transit on the same port as your IPv4 transit.
- Direct DWDM Backbone Circuits – All our backbone circuits are run over DWDM wavelengths directly on fiber, not on some other carrier’s MPLS.
- Fiber Internet Connections – Get IP Transit via fiber at 1310nm or 1550nm (singlemode) using your SFP, SFP+, QSFP, QSFP28, or CFP2.
- Burstable or Flat Rate – Burstable pricing as well as flat rate pricing is available. We can accommodate your rapid growth or fixed budget.
Key Features and Benefits
- Port Availability – at all locations globally.
- BGP – included at no extra charge.
- IPv6 and IPv4 on the same connection – included at no extra charge.
- Single AS worldwide – simpler global routing, provisioning, and service.
- Flexible Billing – Burstable or Flat Rate
- Rapid Turnaround Capability – if you can get a cross connect to a core node we can bring you live!
- Ability to grow with you.